Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Favorite Hobby

When I came to Colorado I knew one person. I struggled to make any friends of my own without this guy. So I randomly joined the logging team in hopes of making some. I was lucky to find what I think is the perfect group for me here.
This picture take by a friend sums up the logging aura. Everyone on the team was out moving metric ass loads of wood while hungover. Out of the twelve hours we were out there four of them were probably inefficiently spent skipping stones, making PB&Js or taking scheduled naps in grass infested with grasshoppers and cow pie (we harvest at a dairy farm).

We were given a hula hoop during a ten day long trip and we ended up hoopin' at one of the most beautiful places I have been in the US. I didn't even know about Glacier National Park.

I've also met friends through loggers that have got me into situations that I would never expect for myself. Climbing trees and making an ass out of yourself in front of the whole campus is fun with the right people.

They are my surrogate family while I am away from Los Angeles.

...and yes I got a picture with our new president with four other loggers.

Logging seems to take up all my mind and time nowadays. But I don't think that is a bad thing right now. My family is coming out for my competition this weekend. It may seem like a useless hobby and a waste of time to them but I am just excited that they finally get to see what I love doing. It is also more important to me that they come to this than my late graduation ceremony.

If I go to grad school I am going to look for a school that has a logging team.

Thank you for reading all my blabbering.


(images from friends)

No comments: